Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

Remembering Edith Head

 



                 Edith Head....

As I was logging on Google. com .. I realized that it was Edith Head's birthday due to the large commemoration on the site. I find this ironic due to the fact that I passed by several books in my library and was tempted to read them .  I can not possibly say how much I admire this legendary lady . With no art, design or costume design experience , this bright lady was hired at Paramount Pictures as a design artist and a very well known Stylist.  We can say that she was the " Rachel Zoe" of that particular time maybe even larger.  She usually consulted with many leading female ladies such as Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood, Bette Davis, Sophia Loren , Grace Kelly and so many more ..Lets take a look at some of the films and ladies  in which she  has styled:
To buy any of these one of kind sketches please click here

 Audrey Hepburn " Sabrina"
 
 
Audrey Hepburn "Breakfast at Tiffanies"
 
 
Audrey Hepburn "Roman Holiday"

Grace Kelly " Rear Window"
 
 
Audrey Hepburn in Edith Head
 
 
 
Edith Head with her Design Sketches

 
Edith with Elizabeth Taylor's one of a kind dress

 
Edith with Elizabeth
 
 Happy Birthday Edith Head, we will miss you always RIP
 
xoxo Camille Du Jour
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment