Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Carolina Herrera : A Part of my Youth

Good Morning Everyone,

As I woke up this morning , I remembered my childhood. Since my mother was a gorgeous fashionista ,always wearing the best of the best .. I have seen some of the best couture in my days. We can say, I had my hand on a lot of one of kind couture Chanel Suits, Escada, YSL, Prime Lagerfeld ... and most importantly a lot and a lot of Herrera. One of my very first perfumes was in fact Carolina Herrera ..  My mom used most of the bottle up she let me have the last finger full of the perfume which remained because "I wanted to be just like Mom" .. I was absolutely fascinated about this fragrance .. it was so floral and majestic.. warm and woody.. As a child of 8 years old I remember it warming up my neck on cold days .. Also as a I child I loved the bottle and the little box it came with yellow and black polka-dots .. like a little bumble bee .. I use to call it ..
                                 

 As a child and even now , I seen my mother exhibit a lot of Carolina Herrera's style such as white shirts beautifully pressed and straight ,  black pants , red flowers .. pure elegance.
Let me discuss about Carolina Herrera , she was born in to a lovely aristocratic family, her grandmother was the one to introduce her to the world of fashion .. she married in to a Spanish family and received a royal title, " the Marquise consort of Torre Casa"  .. She is always on the " International best dressed list " and she was a part of history... She dressed Jackie Onasis to Michelle Obama. She was at Studio 54 partying with Warholl and Jagger. 

Besides her history .. the best way to describe her and her designs if one doesn't know her is that ..
    
Carolina Herrera is not like other designers, when Tom Ford makes a woman feel sexy and Valentino makes a woman feel beautiful .. Its Carolina Herrera that makes you keep your back straight and confident ...  she lets you enter the world of elegance that is pure and understated ...  letting you have full knowledge of your womanly duties and power ..





Now for her collections, I am going to show you  Spring 2014 and some of my other favorite collections from the past .. Sit back and enjoy  ...

 Spring 2014











Fall 2010












 

Fall 2011















Fall 2006

                              
 
 
 
 
 
 



              Hope you enjoyed some of my favorite looks from this designer ..
                         xoxo Camille Dujour

No comments:

Post a Comment